The Weekender Backpack
- 3 Pounds
- Approximately 20L
- 600D PVC Coated Polyester
- 2MM Cow Hide Crunch Leather bottom in dual tone
- Water resistant – What does this mean? In the rain your pack will be fine
- Wind proof – So if you are superman this should work just fine
- Nylon web strap with high grade plastic buckles
- Side magnetic pocket for your phone or water bottle
- Brass YKK Zippers
- High tear resistance
- High resistance to UV rays
- Laser engraved logo
Review from Zachary Scott: February 24, 2022
A tough, versatile year-round bag
I got this backpack more than a year ago and I’m a huge fan for two big reasons:
1) It’s legitimately tough and well-made. I’m not always very gentle with my outdoor gear…but I also hate having to replace it (a bad combo, I know). This bag feels made for people like me. The outer fabric is thick but not rigid, giving the bag enough external structure to essentially stand up on it's own (helpful for access and packing/unpacking). The zippers are strong and oversized (YKK), and the shoulder straps are metal, not plastic.
2) It’s legitimately versatile. Usually, gear marketed as “great for multiple uses” just means it will disappoint me in multiple ways. But this bag pulls it off. It’s my go-to gear bag for car camping. I’ve intentionally overloaded it on moderate hikes (8-10 miles, 1,500+ foot elevation gain) and I’ve been very impressed: surprisingly light for the size, with impressive load distribution/balance on steep slopes. I still use my Deuter 40l for multi-day hikes, but this guy is great for shorter journeys.
But beyond “outdoor” uses, the bag is excellent luggage for weekend trips too. The size is perfect—slightly larger than a typical daypack—and it looks great. I am a big fan of the leather trim, solid color schemes, and clean, uncluttered design. I take a lot of 2-3 day road trips for work, and I can carry this backpack into a hotel lobby without looking like a little kid or wanna-be explorer. That versatility alone makes the backpack a gamechanger for me.